Saturday, January 31, 2015

Taylor Swift could be coming to Claxton!

Just kidding. But it's not completely out of the question. 

If Taylor Swift sees our new remix to Shake it Off, she'll want to come meet these superstars. For the past two weeks our class has been practicing a new reading song which is an upbeat remix to the catchy hit. 

Rather than "shake it off, shake it off," they sing "read every day, every day." Rather than "I keep cruising, can't stop, won't stop moving. It's like I've got this music in my mind saying it's gonna be alright" they sing "I keep choosing, can't stop, won't stop scooping. It's like I've got Mama Echo in my mind saying 'Hey! You're really bright!'" I am SO proud of all my students! They absolutely rocked it! 

Our class is going to invite Taylor herself to perform the song with them at the Claxton variety show this spring. I can see how it would seem absurd to invite a famous singer but Taylor Swift has a reputation of surprising people in amazing, unexpected ways. She would be impressed with the talent of our kiddos! So it's worth a shot to at least invite her. ;) 

Click here to watch the full video which includes lyrics:  http://youtu.be/rN0F0d1FSQY 

promise it will be worth 2 minutes of your time! 


Happy Saturday,

Ms. Wertheim 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Geo Journeys