Tuesday, June 17, 2014

I'm so hAPPy!

School's out for summer but at Claxton we never stop learning! This week several teachers participated in a super fun iPad training with our Instructional Technology Facilitator, Mrs. Eggett, and our Media Center Coordinator, Mrs. Allbach. 

We explored incredible apps that can be used in the classroom and had time to plan with our grade level team how we will integrate our newfound apps next year! Just when I thought I'd seen it all, Mrs. Eggett and Mrs. Allbach blew my mind with something new. I felt like an excited little kid again...especially when we played with an app called ColAR Mix that brings coloring pages to life! (See mind blowing pic below.)

One of the best parts about being a teacher is that I'm also a student, constantly learning how to improve my classroom instruction with the latest and greatest tech. Claxton has such awesome support system in place for technology in the classroom and it makes me so hAPPy ;) 

My self-portrait, drawn using an app called 53 Paper.


At first this may appear to be JUST a coloring page...but with the ColAR mix app it comes to life! Yep, my inner child is screaming with excitement, y'all! 

And how about some virtual (yet practically real) exploration of the NASA rover Curiosity? I can do that, too! 




Because with my iPad the world is literally at my finger tips and I can't wait to share these engaging activities with my new class of 2nd graders! 


Thanks for stopping by! 


613306973

Get

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our Geo Journeys